Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sign On Weekend - Feb 8 & 9

Dear Group


SIGN ON WEEKEND
BEENLEIGH MARKETPLACE
SATURDAY FEB 8 - 9 AM TO 4 PM
SUNDAY FEB 9 - 10:30 AM TO 4 PM
 

 This weekend the Beenleigh Scout Group will be holding a stall at the Beenleigh Marketplace, outside BB Cafe. We are seeking to increase our Joey Mob and Venturer Unit this year and this is the main focus of the weekend.
 
I will be there all weekend, but if you would like to help out for a couple of hours over the weekend, we have limited spaces available due to only having a small space to work in. At this time we need up to 2 extra people to assist me in this.
 
Times available:
  • Saturday: 1:pm - 4pm , 
  • Sunday: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm, 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm, 2:30 pm - 4 pm.
 
I see the heaviest traffic will be from 11 am through to 2 pm each day.
At this stage due to the limited space I am not requesting youth members attend, but if they do Joey Scouts and Cub Scouts can only be present for no more than 1 hour as it will not be a very exciting day for them and we can not have them running around chasing one another.
 
For those youth members 10 years and over, I am happy to have you present but as I have not sought permission for you to attend I will require your parents to remain and only for the 2 hours I am seeking at the most.
 
It is all about selling what we do and how new members can become part of the fun and adventure we provide.
 
I would be very happy with drop in for 10 minutes at the most.
 
If attending it is a full uniform activity as we are promoting Scouting and we need every one who comes in to be dressed to impress.
 
If you can spare time please let me know, else if you are passing by say hi, as sitting next to BB Cafe as an ex  Cub Scout Leader I think I will be going insane from the temptation to overdose on caffine products :)
 
 


Yours in Scouting,
Stephen Hughes (Bagheera)
Group Leader
Beenleigh Scout Group
0433 322 638